Current Employment Opportunities
Listed below are current job opportunities that may interest CALNENA members.
Entry Level and Lateral Dispatch Positions are found immediately below. Click this link to jump further down the page to Supervision/Management & Support Positions.
Some of the listed job postings below will require either MS Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here.
To post your Job Announcement, please contact the webmaster for posting.
Entry Level and Lateral Dispatch Positions
- Police Department Dispatcher, University of California, Santa Cruz. The request to post this position, received 1/10/2017. Job # 1606857. Job Open Date: 11/14/2016. Position is open until filled; initial review of application materials will begin on: 11/18/2016.
- Public Safety Radio Dispatcher-Trainee - San Jose Fire Department, San Jose, CA. Closing Date: Jan 26, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
- Fire Communications Dispatcher I, County of Riverside, CA. Job location: Perris, CA. Closing date and time 1/29/2017 at 11:59 PM.
- Lateral Communications Operator, Police Department Communications Center, City of Hayward, CA. Open Until Filled.
- Public Safety Dispatcher – State of California. See the CHP Public Safety Dispatcher Examination Schedule at the following link: Public Safety Dispatcher for Job Locations, Job Announcement Dates, Final Filing Dates, and Written Test Dates.
- Emergency Dispatcher, Stanislaus Regional 9-1-1, Stanislaus County. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Emergency Dispatcher (Lateral), Stanislaus Regional 9-1-1, Stanislaus County. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Police Service Representative (Public Safety Dispatcher), Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles, CA. Closing: Continuous.
- Police Dispatcher/Dispatcher Trainee, City of Simi Valley, CA. This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time. Applications submitted prior to the October 21, 2016 deadline will be screened first, with additional reviews as needed.
- Police Dispatcher (Lateral), West Cities Police Communications Center, Seal Beach, CA. Notice of opening received by CALNENA Sep 29, 2016. Open until filled.
- Communications Operator Open Examinations - CAL FIRE - State of California. Applications are now being accepted for the above examination. Any applicant who meets the minimum qualifications may apply for these examinations, whether or not he/she is currently employed by the State of California. Continuous Filing. Cut off dates will be scheduled periodically.
- UCSC Police Department Public Safety Dispatcher (1 to 3 part-time; limited/temporary positions), University of California Santa Cruz Police Department, Santa Cruz, CA. This posting received: 7/26/2016. Position is open until filled; initial review of application materials will begin on: 7/14/2016.
- Emergency Services Dispatcher (Fire Department), CONFIRE, JPA, Rialto, California. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Police Dispatcher (Lateral), City of Brentwood, CA. Hiring 10 positions to staff a new Police Dispatch Center with anticipated opening date in 2017. Open until filled. Lateral applications only.
- Sheriff's Emergency Services Dispatcher-16282201 (lateral entry) - County of San Diego, California. Opening Date/Time: Mon. 01/04/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Sheriff's Emergency Services Dispatcher Trainee -16282001 - County of San Diego, California. Opening Date/Time: Mon. 01/04/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time. Closing Date/Time: Posted Monthly (see link for this job listing).
- Police Communications Dispatchers, Fremont Police Department, Fremont, CA. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
Supervision/Management & Support Positions
- SHERIFF'S COMMUNICATIONS CENTER DIRECTOR, Contra Costa County, Martinez, CA. Closing 10/28/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
- Dispatch Manager, West Cities Police Communications Center, Seal Beach, CA. Notice of opening received by CALNENA Sep 29, 2016. Open until filled.
- Senior Police Dispatcher, City of Simi Valley, CA. First review of applications occurring on October 4, 2016. Open until filled.
- Communications Training Supervisor (Limited Period – Two Years), Police/Fire Administration, City of Mountain View, CA. Open until filled, with a first application review date: Friday, August 26, 2016.
- UCSC Police Department Lead Public Safety Dispatcher. University of California, Santa Cruz. Applicants are required to use the UCSC on-line process. This posting received: 7/26/2016. Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 08-01-2016.