Current Employment Opportunities
Listed below are current job opportunities that may interest CALNENA members.
Entry Level and Lateral Dispatch Positions are found immediately below. Click this link to jump further down the page to Supervision/Management & Support Positions.
Some of the listed job postings below will require either MS Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here.
To post your Job Announcement, please contact the webmaster for posting.
Entry Level and Lateral Dispatch Positions
- Police Service Representative (PSR). Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). A PSR performs the duties of a Public Safety Dispatcher including call-taking and dispatching. The application acceptance period is open from midnight Pacific on Friday May 13, 2016 through 11:59pm Pacific on Thursday May 26, 2016.
- Lateral Public Safety Dispatchers, Sacramento Regional Fire/EMS Communications Center, Sacramento, CA. Accepting applications until May 19, 2016.
- Emergency Services Dispatcher (Fire Department), CONFIRE, JPA, Rialto, California. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Police Dispatcher (Lateral), City of Brentwood, CA. Hiring 10 positions to staff a new Police Dispatch Center with anticipated opening date in 2017. Open until filled. Lateral applications only.
- Sheriff's Emergency Services Dispatcher-16282201 (lateral entry) - County of San Diego, California. Opening Date/Time: Mon. 01/04/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Sheriff's Emergency Services Dispatcher Trainee -16282001 - County of San Diego, California. Opening Date/Time: Mon. 01/04/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time. Closing Date/Time: Posted Monthly (see link for this job listing).
- Public Safety Dispatcher – State of Califfornia. See the CHP Public Safety Dispatcher Examination Schedule toward the bottom of the Public Safety Dispatcher page for Job Locations, Job Announcement Dates, Final Filing Dates, and Written Test Dates.
- Police Communications Dispatchers, Fremont Police Department, Fremont, CA. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Public Safety Dispatcher, San Manuel Department of Public Safety, Highland, CA.
- Police Dispatcher I, Public Safety, San Diego State University. To apply. This is a continuous opening and the recruitment may close once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Please apply as soon as possible. A completed application is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Police Dispatcher, City, City of San Diego, CA. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
- Dispatcher I, City of San Diego, CA. Closing Date/Time: Continuous.
Supervision/Management & Support Positions
- Police Office Supervisor, City of Madera, CA. Applications must be received no later than 3pm on Friday, May 13, 2016.
- Executive Director, Stanislaus Regional 911 (SR 911), Modesto, CA. This position is open until filled; however, the first review of resumes will take place beginning June 6, 2016.
- Senior Public Safety Dispatcher, San Jose Fire Communications. City of San Jose, CA. Accepting applications between April 25 and May 13, 2016. Our Senior PSDs serve as the first-line supervisors for Fire Communications and have the opportunity to serve in administrative roles such as: Training, Systems Support, and Quality Assurance.
- Financial Administrative Assistant - North County Dispatch JPA, Rancho Santa Fe, CA. Completed applications and supplemental questionnaires will be accepted until May 26, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
- Emergency Communications Assistant Manager, Consolidated Fire Agencies, JPA, County of San Bernardino, CA. Opening Date: 3/19/16. Closing Date: Continuous Until Filled.